I've always been a music person. I love a song with a good beat and the ability to played on repeat until I learn the words.
1. Maroon 5 - Memories. Harper loves this song. She's actually the reason why it's on my playlist. I must admit, the song has grown on me. Plus, it's Adam Levine.
“Music is a language that doesn't speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it's in the bones, it's in the bones." -Keith Richards
2. Post Malone - Circles. I've never been a Post Malone fan but when I first heard Sunflower, I was interested in seeing what other songs he had. I must admit that he's not bad. It goes to say, you should never judge a book by it's cover.
3. SZA & Justin Timberlake - The Other Side. I've been waiting for new music from Justin. His last album was disappointing for me. It wasn't the artist that I'd grown to love since I was like 11 or 12. I guess that's the purpose of music artists. They want to branch out from what people always have known them for. For Justin, it was an adjustment. As for SZA, I don't know much about her music but I love her spirit in this video and her voice is definitely one to remember. Harper and Zuri love playing this song to headline our dance parties.
4. Cynthia Erivo - Stand Up. I love this song. It wasn't until the Oscars that I became aware of it's existence. The moment she performed it, I went straight to itunes and loaded it on my playlist. Whenever I'm on my way to work, this is the first song I play.
5. Billie Ellish & Khalid - Lovely. This song is my favorite. I especially like to play it when I'm putting Zuri to sleep at night. The words really hit home when I first heard it. I said, "dang, this is my life right here. How are you speaking to me right now?" I have a few songs on my playlist from Billie Ellish. She's great and of course, Khalid.